IS MY INSURANCE ACCEPTED AT POMERENE?
Today, you have more choices than ever for your healthcare. At Pomerene Hospital, we recognize that the decisions families make at open enrollment time are often difficult or confusing, so we wanted to share a few helpful tips to consider when choosing your healthcare plan:
- If you want your insurance to cover your Pomerene Hospital physician and Pomerene services in 2021, make sure they are part of the plan you choose.
- Understand your monthly premium. This is your monthly contribution not covered by your insurance company.
- Understand what services are covered under your selected plan.
- Know up front any out-of-pocket costs. These are costs associated with care received, including copays, coinsurance and deductibles.
Accepted Health Insurance Plans:
In compliance with state and federal law, Pomerene Hospital is providing this price list containing our charges for room and board, emergency department, operating room, delivery, physical therapy, and other procedures. The hospital's charges are the same for all patients but a patient's responsibility may vary depending on payment plans negotiated with individual health insurers. Uninsured or under-insured patients should consult with our Financial Counselor to determine whether they qualify for discounts. These prices are correct as of January 1, 2021.
- Room and Board - Per Day Charges
- Labor and Delivery Charges
- Emergency Department Charges
- Operating Room Charges
- Physical Therapy Charges
- Occupational Therapy Charges
- Speech Therapy Charges
- Sleep Lab Charges
- Respiratory Therapy Charges
- X-Ray and Radiological Charges
- Laboratory Charges
Please find Pomerene Hospital’s Chargemaster attached below.
Chargemaster FAQ Chargemaster is a comprehensive list of charges for each inpatient and outpatient service item provided by a hospital. It includes every test, exams, surgical procedure, room charge, supply, etc. Given the many services provided by hospitals 24 hours a day, seven days a week, a chargemaster contains thousands of services and related charges.
–Chargemaster amounts are almost never billed to a patient or received as payment by a hospital. The chargemaster amounts are billed to an insurance company, Medicare, or Medicaid and those insurers then apply their contracted rates to the services that are billed.
–Patients that do not have insurance, Pomerene Hospital has a financial assistance policy that applies discounts to the amounts charged. For more information on the Financial Assistance Policy, please contact our Financial Counselor at (330) 674-1584 ext. 1163.
Disclaimer:–The information provided in the file below, is a comprehensive list of charges for each inpatient and outpatient service or item provided by a hospital, also known as a chargemaster. It is not a helpful tool for patients to comparison shop between hospitals or to estimate what total health care services are going to cost them out of their own pocket. For more information about the total cost of your care, please contact our Patient Financial Services at (330) 674-1584 ext. 1163.
Click here for the 2021 Pomerene Hospital Chargemaster.
Click here for the 2021 Shoppable Services list.
Pomerene Hospital has two (2) Charity Care Programs in place to assist you.
- You must be a resident of Ohio.
- Pomerene Hospital Charity Care is only available to residents of Holmes County.
- You must complete and sign all applicable paperwork.
- You must provide proof of income that would apply to all applicable family members.
- If we determine that you may be eligible for Medicaid, or other assistance, you will be expected to apply for Medicaid before we can process the PHCC application. If you were denied Medicaid coverage, the denial letter is required.
Financial assistance and charity care are secondary to ALL other financial resources available to patients. This may include:
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Account
- Worker's Compensation
- Third Part Liability Situations (auto accidents/personal injury)
- Victim's Assistance
- Other State, Federal, and Military Programs
- Church Fund
- Amish Aid
If you are in need of financial assistance, please complete our F inancial Assistance Application form. You may also view our Financial Aid Policy and our Plain Language Summary of Financial Assistance.
For general billing questions or to arrange a payment plan, please call 330-674-1584, ext. 1744