What to Expect
- Patients needing surgery that have been admitted to the hospital will be worked into each day's schedule. Family may accompany the patient to the Same Day (Ambulatory) Unit.
- You will be asked many times to verify your name, date of birth, the procedure being done, and allergies. This is done to ensure your safety.
- Unfortunately, emergencies and cancellations cannot be predicted and may impact your estimated surgery time. We will make every attempt to keep you and your family informed of any changes as they occur.
- Inpatients will return to their room after the recovery (PACU) phase.
- Patients should not be wearing contact lenses, jewelry, or dentures during surgery. All items should be removed before going back into the operating room.
While You're Waiting
- Family members are provided with an electronic tracking number to monitor the patient's progress through surgery and recovery ( PACU).
- Family members may wait in the patient room or in the emergency/surgery waiting room. Please make sure staff knows where you are so the surgeon may update you after surgery.
- Surgery and recovery times vary depending on patient needs. Surgery time also varies based upon procedure.
- Average recovery (PACU) times are one hour
- There is a vending machine located in the waiting room. Food vending is located in the dining room.
- Dining room hours are:
- Breakfast: 7:30 am to 9:00 am
- Lunch: 11:30 am to 1:30 am
- Dinner: 5:00 pm to 6:00 pm
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your loved one's care during his or her stay, please contact the clinical coordinator by dialing 1003 from any hospital telephone. You may also contact the coordinator through any staff member or the admitting desk.