Pomerene Hospital Blog
Water and Well Being
Water is needed for overall good health. Drinking enough water can help your body stay healthy and function at its best. Water is involved in every bodily
function from circulation, digestion, controlling of body temperature and the excretion of waste products.
The importance of water in the body:
1. Main component of saliva which is essential for breaking down solid foods and for a healthy mouth
2. Regulate your body temperature-your body loses water through sweat in hot temperatures and with physical activity. Your temperature will rise if you don’t replenish the water you lose.
3. Lubricates and cushions your tissues, spinal cord and joints
4. Keeps you regular-more water means less constipation
5. Helps to prevent kidney stones, urinary tract infections and helps your kidneys filter waste
6. Water carries oxygen and nutrients to your body by improving circulation
7. Proper hydration can reduce fatigue and improve endurance for exercise
8. Can lessen or relieve a headache
REMEMBER, WATER IS IMPORTANT TO NEARLY EVERY PART OF YOUR BODY.
Aim to take in optimum amounts every day to stay healthy and hydrated!
Blog written by: TJ Darr, Health and Wellness Coach at Pomerene Hospital