Pomerene Hospital Blog
National Stress Awareness Month
April is National Stress Awareness Month!
One of the greatest stress management methods is finding way to get moving in order to stay energized.
Every time you move, you burn calories. Commit to move more each day!
5 Ways to Add Movement to Your Days:
- Take the stairs whenever you can. If you have time, walk up and down more than once!
- Move around while making phone calls, use a resistance band at your desk, or ask the group you are meeting with if they would like to stand together for the meeting time.
- Walk at lunch. Grab a quick, healthy bite to eat before or after your walk. Or you could pack something simple to eat while you continue your work, and use your break time to get your steps in!
- Make active play part of your day. Be sure to have time to play with your kids/ grand-kids, walk the dog, or go for a walk before you rest for the day.
- March in place whenever you are waiting in line.
Click here to view our trail walk/run training program!