Visitor Restriction Update
Effective March 18, at 6:00 pm, the main entrance will close for all hours. All patients and visitors must enter through the Emergency Department entrance
located on the east side of the building to be screened prior to entering the facility. In addition, please review the following restriction updates:
- Visitors experiencing cold or flu-like symptoms are restricted from visiting.
- Only one visitor or caregiver per patient, per day (excluding maternity patients) will be permitted in the facility.A record of all visitors will be
- Personal transportation drivers are asked to remain in their vehicles.
- Permitted visitation hours are:
- 6 a.m. – 6 p.m. at Pomerene Hospital
- This time may change. Please check the hospital website for updated visitation information.
- Visitors must be older than 14 years of age.
- A patient’s visitor/caregiver is encouraged to remain in the patient’s room while visiting.
- Exceptions can be made by clinical leadership for emergency situations (end-of-life, trauma, etc.)
- For outpatient appointments, patients are asked to come alone if possible.One person is allowed to accompany each patient to an appointment on an as-needed
In the emergency department, visitors are prohibited from entering patient care areas, and patients can have one caregiver if they require assistance at
the direction of the clinical staff.
** Note: Two visitors or caregivers per day will be permitted for maternity patients.