A Muga Scan is a study to evaluate how well the left ventricle of the heart is functioning.
What to Expect
- When the patient comes in, he/she will have an IV put in and blood will be drawn.
- Next, the patient will wait about 20 minutes while the blood is prepared with a radioactive tracer. The patient will come back into the room and the prepared blood will be given back to the patient through the IV.
- The patient is then placed on a table and connected to an EKG monitor.
- Pictures will be taken (the pictures will take 30-45 minutes).
- This test will take 1 to 1-1/2 hours.