Lower and Upper Extremity Venous Ultrasound
Common Reasons For Testing
- Sudden leg or arm pain
- Sudden leg or arm swelling
- Determine the presence of a DVT or blood clot
- Palpable "cord" in the leg or arm
- Documentation for source of Pulmonary Embolism
What to Expect
This test uses Doppler ultrasound. Gel is applied to the arm or leg and a transducer is passed over the area and intermittent compression is done to determine the compressibility of the veins. Some discomfort may be noted. The exam takes approximately 30 minutes.
- There is no preparation for this exam.
Hours of Operation
- Radiology Scheduling: (330) 674-1584 extension 4124
- This test is scheduled Monday-Friday from 7 am to 3pm.
All testing is performed by a Registered Vascular or Cardiac Sonographer