What to Expect
- Exam will take approximately 45 minutes
- You will need to remove everything from the waist up and wear a gown.
- The radiologist will have you drink an oral substance called barium and have you turn different ways on the x-ray table as you drink the barium. You may have to swallow a barium pill. You will be given a seltzer-like drink prior to drinking the barium.
- Technologist will take pictures after the radiologist is done.
- Your test will be interpreted by a board certified radiologist.
- The results of your test will be faxed to your ordering provider.
- Do not eat or drink after midnight.