CT Facial Bones/Orbits
What to Expect
- You will lie on your back with your head in a cradle for this exam.
- You will go into the machine head first.
- You will be required to hold still for this exam.
- Depending on the reason for the CT, an IV injection may or may not be required.
- If a mass or tumor is the reason for your exam, an IV injection will be needed.
- If the exam is for a fracture or injury, you will not need an IV injection.
- Exam Time: 10-30 minutes
- Do not eat or drink 3 hours prior to the CT if there is an IV injection.