What to Expect
- Depending on which extremity is being imaged is which way you will go into the scanner.
- If the imagine is from the hip down, you will go in feet first.
- If the area of concern is above that, you will go in head first.
- You may be asked to lie on your stomach or your back depending on the area of concern. Depending on the reason for the CT, an IV injection of IV contrast may be needed.
- If a mass or tumor is the reason for the exam, then the IV contrast will be used. This helps to better visualize the region of interest.
- If a fracture or injury is the diagnosis, no IV contrast will be used.
- Exam Time: 10-30 minutes.
- Do not eat or drink 3 hours prior to the CT.