CT Dorsal or Lumbar Spine
What to Expect
- You will lie on your back for this exam.
- You will go into the machine feet first.
- An IV injection may be needed for this test. If a mass or tumor is the reason for your exam, and IV injection will be needed. If the exam is for fracture, pain, or injury you will not need an IV injection.
- You be required to hold still.
- You will be asked to hold your breath while the images are obtained.
- You will be asked to raise your arms above your head.
- Exam Time: 10-30 minutes
- Do not eat or drink 3 hours prior to the test if there is an IV injection needed.