CT Abdomen/ CT Abdomen and Pelvis/ CT Pelvis
What to Expect
- You will lie on your back and go into the machine feet first.
- You will be required to hold still.
- You will be asked to raise your arms above your head.
- You will be asked to hold your breath while the images are obtained.
- An IV injection may be required for this exam.
- In addition to the IV contrast, oral contrast may be used.
- The IV and oral contrast work together to give a thorough exam.
- The IV contrast helps visualize different anatomy as well as in helping in diagnosis.
- Exam Time: 30-45 minutes
- Do not eat or drink 3 hours prior to the CT.