Common Bile Duct Scan
A Common Bile Duct Scan will demonstrate if the common bile duct is open or obstructed.
What to Expect
- The patient is given an injection of a small amount of radioactive tracer through a vein in the hand or arm.
- Pictures will be taken immediately.
- This test could take up to 1 hour.
- The patient should have nothing to eat or drink for 5 hours before the scan.
- The patient should not have any narcotic type drugs for 6 hours before scan
- The patient should not have had a bariums study in the past 5 days.