Common Reasons For Testing
- Temporary loss of vision
- Weakness involving one side of the body
- Slurred or difficult speech
- Bruit, noise heard in the neck by a physician with a stethoscope
- Dizziness, fainting
What to Expect
This test uses Doppler ultrasound to assess the carotid and vertebral arteries in the neck. Gel is placed on the neck and a transducer is run along the neck looking at the artery to determine if there are any areas of blockage in the arteries. A loud swishing noise may be heard. The exam takes approximately 20-30 minutes.
- There is no preparation for this exam.
Hours of Operation
- Radiology Scheduling: (330) 674-1584 extension 4124
- This test is scheduled Monday-Friday from 7 am to 3 pm.
All testing is done by a Registered Vascular or Cardiac Sonographer