What Is Cardiac Rehabilitation?
Cardiac Rehabilitation is an individualized and personalized treatment plan, including evaluation and instruction on physical activity, nutrition, stress management and other health related areas.
For more information, call (330) 432-0468
Cardiac Rehabilitation is an important part of the treatment of your specific heart problem. If you have one of the following diagnoses, you may be eligible to participate:
- Heart Attack
- Coronary artery angioplasty or stents
- Open heart surgery such as coronary bypass or valve surgery
- Heart failure
- Heart transplantation
Cardiac Rehabilitation is generally covered by most health insurance companies but check your plan to determine co-pays or other requirements.
Contact Pomerene Cardiac Rehabilitation at (330) 432-0468 to obtain self-pay package pricing.
Benefits of Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Live longer and lessen your chances for another heart attack
- Control heart disease symptoms such as chest pain or shortness of breath
- Stop or reverse damage to your blood vessels in your heart
- Lessen the physical and emotional effects of heart disease
- Improve your stamina and strength, getting you back to your usual activities, including work, hobbies and regular exercise
- Improve your confidence and well-being
- Assessment of your personal risk factors for heart and blood vessel disease
- Education and support to make healthy lifestyle changes such as:
- Maintaining a healthy weight
- Heart healthy eating
- Avoiding tobacco and environmental smoke
- Beginning and maintaining a personalized exercise plan that works for you
- Monitoring and better control of:
- Blood pressure
- Psychological/stress assessment and counseling
- Opportunity to meet and share stories with other patients like you
- Improved communication with your doctor and other healthcare providers about your progress following your cardiac event
Cardiac Rehabilitation classes are scheduled twice a week on Tuesdays and Thursdays at Pomerene Kinetics Fitness For Life medical fitness center. All exercise sessions are supervised by a physician.