Small Bowel Series
What to Expect
- Exam will take approximately one hour to several hours.
- You will be asked to drink a barium sulfate drink.
- Once the drink is gone, the technologist will take pictures every 20-30 minutes until the barium reaches the large intestine. (Average is approximately 60-90 minutes)
- The radiologist will take a final image once the barium reaches the large intestine.
- Your test will be interpreted by a board certified radiologist.
- The results of your test will be faxed to your ordering physician.
- Do not eat or drink after midnight.
Hours of Operation
- Radiology Scheduling: (330) 674-1584 extension 4124
- Scheduled Monday-Friday in the mornings.