Renal Artery Ultrasound
Common Reasons For Testing
- Uncontrolled high blood pressure
- Monitoring of known renal artery stenosis
What to Expect
This test uses Doppler ultrasound and is done to detect if there is any blockage of the arteries leading to the kidneys. Gel is placed on the abdomen and a transducer is used to look at the kidney and the arteries providing blood supply to it. The exam takes approximately 45-60 minutes.
- The patient should be fasting after midnight.
- Early morning appointments are preferred
- Regular medication can be taken with a small amount of water.
Hours of Operation
- Radiology Scheduling: (330) 674-1584 extension 4124
- This test is scheduled Monday-Friday from 7 am to 3 pm.
All testing is performed by a Registered Vascular or Cardiac Sonographer