- Visiting hours:
- Medical-Surgical Unit:
- 2 p.m. - 8 p.m., everyday
- Maternity Unit:
- 10 a.m. - 8 p.m., everyday; support person always welcome
- Special Care Unit:
- As needed, limited to immediate family only.
Pomerene Hospital Recognizes Volunteers At Annual Banquet
Pomerene Hospital’s Volunteer Banquet was held on Wednesday, May 2, 2012 at the Carlisle Inn in Walnut Creek. The theme for this year’s banquet was “We Bee-Lieve in our Volunteers”. During 2011, volunteers provided over 8,000 hours of service at Pomerene Hospital.
Guest speaker for the event was Pastor Tom Michaels.
Ervin Yoder was awarded the “Promising Newcomer” award for 2011 and Verna Burkholder was awarded the “Above and Beyond” award. These individuals have exceeded expectations by going the extra mile. Volunteers at Pomerene Hospital provide outstanding service and commitment to excellence.
A total of 35 volunteers were recognized for achieving a service milestone. They include:
- 100 hours – Carolyn Potts, Susie Troyer, Alma Yoder, Miriam Yoder
- 300 hours- Marie Coblentz, Arlene Miller, Joyce Miller, Miriam Miller, Barbara Reed, Katie Wengerd, Esta Yoder, Katy Yoder
- 500 hours- Sue Banbury, Scott Beck, Fannie Bowman, Carol Koenig, Anna J. Yoder
- 700 hours- Clara Miller, Fern Sowers, June Watts, Leora Weigand
- 1000 hours- Ruth Coblentz, Nellie Martin, Caroll Roth, Marjorie Weiss, Saloma Yoder
- 1500 hours- Norene McDowell, Anna D. Miller
- 2000 hours- Carol Patterson
- 3000 hours – Gladys Brown
- 3500 hours- Verna Burkholder
- 5000 hours – Erma Miller
For information on becoming a volunteer, contact the Callie Selders, Volunteer Coordinator at (330) 674-1584.
Marketing & Public Relations
330-674-1584 ext. 1763