Modified Barium Swallow
What to Expect
- Exam will take approximately 30 minutes
- You will need to remove everything from the waist up and wear a gown.
- The speech therapist will ask you to drink and eat a variety of foods coated with barium sulfate.
- The radiologist and speech therapist will observe your chewing and swallowing technique.
- Your test will be interpreted by a board certified radiologist.
- The results of your test will be faxed to your ordering physician.
- There is no preparation for this exam.
Hours of Operation
- Radiology Scheduling: (330) 674-1584 extension 4124
- Scheduled Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at 1:30 pm and 2:00 pm to coordinate with the speech pathologist.