Home Sleep Test
The Home Sleep Test uses a portable sleep recording device where data can be recorded for 12-18 hours. This study is typically done if the patient is not able to complete an in-lab sleep study.
What to Expect
- You will be called with an appointment scheduled at the Pomerene Hospital Respiratory Therapy Department.
- The respiratory therapist will show you how to hook up the portable device and give you instructions on how to use.
- Your sleep test will be interpreted by a board certified sleep medicine physician.
- The result of your sleep test will be forwarded to your ordering physician.
- Bathe and shampoo hair prior to arrival at center.
- Consumption of alcohol, caffeine, and nonprescription drugs should be avoided.
- Take usual prescription medications EXCEPT sleep medication unless directed by your physician to do so.
- You may bring over the counter medication such as Tylenol.
- Avoid napping.
- Eat an evening meal.
- Smoking will not be allowed.
- Family members CANNOT remain in the resting area UNLESS they are accompanying a minor undergoing sleep testing.
- Bring a list of your medications.
- Bring loose fitting pajamas (robe and slippers are also recommended)
- Bring personal hygiene items.
Hours of Operation
- Sunday-Thursday from 9:00 pm to 6:00 am.
- To schedule an appointment, please call (330) 674-1584 extension 6735