- Visiting hours:
- Medical-Surgical Unit:
- 2 p.m. - 8 p.m., everyday
- Maternity Unit:
- 10 a.m. - 8 p.m., everyday; support person always welcome
- Special Care Unit:
- As needed, limited to immediate family only.
Our endoscopy department is located on the first floor within the Ambulatory Care Center.
What are endoscopies?
Endoscopies are non-surgical procedures designed to examine, diagnose and treat gastroenterological conditions from the inside, using a flexible tube attached with a light and camera.
Endoscopies performed at Pomerene Hospital:
- Upper endoscopies—examines the upper digestive tract which includes the esophagus, stomach and first part of the small intestine (duodenum)
- Colonoscopies—examines the colon and rectum
The majority of our patients do not require general anesthesia, and they receive treatment on an outpatient basis. In fact, average procedures take no more than three hours. The specialized team of endoscopy nurses and technicians will guide you through the process during your visit and provide detailed, procedure-specific discharge instructions.