CT Soft Tissue Neck
What to Expect
- You will lie on your back with your head in a cradle for this exam.
- You will go into the machine head first.
- You will be required to hold still for this exam.
- You will be asked to hold your breath and to not swallow during the acquisition of the images.
- An IV will be required for this exam due to the amount of soft tissue anatomy within the neck.
- The IV contrast helps visualize different anatomy as well in helping in diagnosis.
- Exam Time: 10-30 minutes
- Do not eat or drink 3 hours prior to the CT.