As a result of your initial sleep study, you may be diagnosed with obstructive sleep apnea. The CPAP Titration is done utilizing continuous positive airway pressure to treat sleep apnea.
What to Expect
- You will arrive at Pomerene Sleep Center at 9:15 pm on your appointment date.
- Your sleep room will consist of a comfortable queen size bed with a TV and private restroom and shower.
- Once you have settled into your room and completed needed paperwork, you will be prepared to start the CPAP titration.
- The sleep technician will fit you with a mask that fits over the nose or mouth and will adjust and monitor the air flow throughout the test.
- Your brain waves, heart rhythm, breathing patterns, body movements, and oxygen levels are monitored during the test by small electrodes that are applied to various parts of your body.
- Your sleep activities will be monitored by a sleep technician in a separate control area.
- The sleep technician will be available to assist you with any needs you may have.
- Your sleep test will be interpreted by a board certified sleep medicine physician.
- The result of your sleep test will be forwarded to your ordering physician.
- Bathe and shampoo hair prior to arrival at center.
- Consumption of alcohol, caffeine, and nonprescription drugs should be avoided.
- Take usual prescription medications EXCEPT sleep medication unless directed by your physician to do so.
- You may bring over the counter medication such as Tylenol.
- Avoid napping.
- Eat an evening meal.
- Smoking will not be allowed.
- Family members CANNOT remain in the resting area UNLESS they are accompanying a minor undergoing sleep testing.
- Bring a list of your medications.
- Bring loose fitting pajamas (robe and slippers are also recommended)
- Bring personal hygiene items.
Hours of Operation
- Sunday-Thursday from 9:00 pm to 6:00 am.
- To schedule an appointment, please call (330) 674-1584 extension 6735