As a result of your initial sleep study, you may be diagnosed with obstructive sleep apnea. This procedure is done by utilizing bi-level positive airway pressure to treat sleep apnea.
What to Expect
- You will arrive at Pomerene Sleep Center at 9:15 pm on your appointment date.
- Your sleep room will consist of a comfortable queen size bed with a TV and private restroom and shower.
- Once you have settled into your room and completed needed paperwork, you will be prepared to start the bi-level titration.
- The sleep technician will fit you with a mask that fits over the nose or mouth and will adjust and monitor the air flow throughout the test.
- Your brain waves, heart rhythm, breathing patterns, body movements, and oxygen levels are monitored during the test by small electrodes that are applied to various parts of your body.
- Your sleep activities will be monitored by a sleep technician in a separate control area.
- The sleep technician will be available to assist you with any needs you may have.
- Your sleep test will be interpreted by a board certified sleep medicine physician.
- The results of your sleep test will be forwarded to your ordering physician.
- Bathe and shampoo hair prior to arrival at center.
- Consumption of alcohol, caffeine, and nonprescription drugs should be avoided.
- Take usual prescription medications EXCEPT sleep medication unless directed by your physician to do so.
- You may bring over the counter medication such as Tylenol.
- Avoid napping.
- Eat an evening meal.
- Smoking will not be allowed.
- Family members CANNOT remain in the resting area UNLESS they are accompanying a minor undergoing sleep testing.
- Bring a list of your medications.
- Bring loose fitting pajamas (robe and slippers are also recommended)
- Bring personal hygiene items.
Hours of Operation
- Sunday-Thursday from 9:00 pm to 6:00 am.
- To schedule an appointment, please call (330) 674-1584 extension 6735